Covid-19 update from Mi Dental
(updated 4th January 2021)
As of Monday 15th June we resumed service.
On the 28th May the Chief Dental Officer released guidance that dental service could resume from 8th June. A strong emphasis was placed on "could" rather than "should," and on that basis we made the decision to postpone our opening until we had all of our safety systems in place as well as conducted full team training.
AS OF 4TH JANUARY WE ENTER THE '2ND LOCKDOWN,' BUT Mi DENTAL STONY STRATFORD WILL REMAIN OPEN IN LINE WITH GOVERNMENT GUIDELINES. WE ARE IN AGREEMENT WITH THE PRIME MINISTER'S VIEW THAT PATIENTS SHOULD NOT BE CONCERNED TO SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION, AND...
THIS INCLUDES PROTECTING YOUR DENTAL HEALTH TO A LEVEL THAT YOU FEEL IS APPROPRIATE FOR YOU.
We have implemented a number of safety measures regarding the risks of Covid-19 and these having been working very well since we started back in mid-June:
- we continue to offer remote virtual appointments (phone/ video/ email) as well as our online photo uploader tool should you wish to discuss treatment without having to attend the clinic.
- you will be risk assessed for possible symptoms of Covid-19 infection.
- our patients will be triaged to identify high risk/ vulnerable categories.
- we have established a form of social distancing within our clinic to minimise the risks of interacting with anyone except your dentist and dental nurse.
- This includes a form of 'one-way' systems where possible in order to minimise traffic through the clinic.
- We have developed a 'safe room' system in line with the most up to date guidance from the dental faculties which allows us to dramatically reduce the risks of cross contaminations.
- your dentist and nurse are equipped with the highest level of PPE (known as Level 3) to ensure safety.
- a range of clinical measures are now being undertaken which are proven to reduce the risk of virus transmission (including antimicrobial mouthrinses, air filtration systems, rubber dam isolation technique etc.).
- We also offer a system of phone or secure online payments to both avoid congestion at reception, as well as minimise risks of cross infection at our card payment terminal.
Our full safety protocols are too extensive to detail here (the emails we sent our patients during the first March lockdown totalled 18 A4 pages!) but if you need any guidance please do not hesitate to contact us.
We are encouraging our patients to discuss any concerns with us as we are happy to risk assess each and every one of our patients on an individual basis.
Please call us on 01908563651
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or You can send a question via our CONTACT page
Outside of our normal operating hours, please call 111 for advice.
PLEASE DO NOT ENTER THE CLINIC WITHOUT AN APPOINTMENT. All bookings and queries can be dealt with over the phone. This is a social distancing measure and we thank you for your understanding.
Please inform us if you or anyone in your household has had any symptoms of covid-19 in the last 14 days.
This has been, and seemingly continues to be, a difficult and extraordinary time and we want to thank all of our patients for your ongoing support. Your safety has ALWAYS been of paramount importance to us and, covid or no covid, our responsibilities remain unchanged
The Team at Mi Dental Stony Stratford